3 Self-Esteem and Confidence Messages
© Judy Helm Wright http://www.judyhwright.com
Self-esteem and confidence is the most important contribution that a parent or loving adult can make to the life of a child. The messages received in childhood can build or destroy the self-esteem of a child and they carry over into all interactions as an adult.
Self-esteem and self-confidence are the foundation on which most other personality traits rest and will do more to determine a child’s future than any other single factor. No matter what economic status, culture or family dynamics are present in childhood, nurturing loved ones have the greatest impact on future life.
3 Tips to Share a Message of High Self-Esteem;
- Help Them Be Attractive. Although we don’t want to emphasis looks too much, it is a fact of life that others are drawn to those that are attractive and well groomed. Does that mean that you should have plastic surgery on your daughter’s big ears? Absolutely not. It means that if she is self-conscious about it, then you can help her choose a flattering haircut and help her understand why does hair grow fast after shaving .
Help them fit in, with fashion of their friends. This doesn’t mean you need to spend a lot on clothes. One great rule to follow is “spend twice as much, buy half as much”. Rather than buying a bunch of cheap clothes, buy half as many select, high quality items. In long run this decreases spending because expensive clothes wear out less easily and stay in style longer than cheap clothes. Buying less also helps reduce the clutter in your closet.
- Make eye contact. Poet Mayo Angelou says “Your eyes should light up when your child comes in the room.” Without realizing it, we use eye contact as a primary means of conveying love, especially to children. A child uses eye contact with his parents and care givers to feed emotionally. The more the adults make eye contact with the child as a means of expressing their love and bonding with them, the more the child is nourished emotionally.
- Practice Kindness and Compassion. We think of self-esteem in terms of empowerment, confidence,
Self-confidence and self-esteem are built when caring adults and parents take time to give positive message of encouragment and love.
courage and bravery. Kindness and compassion have a softer side and so we don’t teach these characteristics as often by lecture, but rather by example and modeling. Use encouraging words in dealing with the spirits of those you love and those you come in contact with on a daily basis. Being kind is a very powerful way to make a positive difference in the world and to reflect in the gratitude of others.
- Do you recall the self-esteem messages you received from adults when you were a child?
- Did those messages build high self-esteem and confidence or did they humiliate and demean you?
- Do you use encouraging words in personal communication to build the self-esteem and confidence of others, including children? You will want to claim your free eBook at http://www.useencouragingwords.com
Tattoos are a wonderful way to express yourself. This form of body art is so popular that 45 million Americans have some kind of tattoo, but they are a lifetime commitment. One study found approximately 23 percent of people who get tattoos regret the decision. Why do people change their minds? What to expect after removing a tattoo at a clinic? Whatever the reason you are no longer happy with your tattoo, you do not have to live the rest of your life with it on your skin. Successful tattoo removal is a viable option.